Thursday, October 3, 2013

Widgets

The Waiting Game - October 3rd

     There are a few words in life that are consistently part of the every day; breathing, eating, walking, sleeping to name a few, may I add to our lives... waiting. I know we're not the only ones to wait, we all do, although it does feel like Rebecca and I get extra opps to perfect our waiting stances. As you might have recognised there has not been a blog entry in quite sometime, most of this down to the fact we were waiting on our internet/phone line for about a month after moving in. A communal ahhh rose forth from our new dwelling when the little light on the router turned yellow and the dial tone existed once again. Living without the web is obviously doable, but it is frustrating, and we waited to be back on line. s to attain UK leave to remain visas. That would mean we can live here, come and go as we please (within reason) and not have to apply for visas every couple of years. There is a six month window that the UKBA promises to grant visas within, for us it has never taken long at all. So with gusto we marched into the post office and mailed off all of our documentation, the trouble is we have not heard anything yet. This is concerning on various levels, without our passports we can't travel abroad (planning trip to US in November) we don't have the assurity (word?) that this is in fact our home for the long term, we can't really move forward with adoption plans, we don't have some major forms of i.d. and lastly we can't even check on the status as there is no number, website or person to enquire from. It's not the worst, nobody has been seriously injured or been fired from a job with a huge mortgage to pay, but wow would we love to see that registered piece of mail arrive at our door.
About 3 months ago or a bit more now we sent off our paperwork and passport
     The other day I unfortunately left my bankcard at a local grocery store, I didn't realise it till a couple of days later. After a phone call they confirmed that they did have the card and I could pick it up from them at the customer service desk. The next day after showing them my drivers license i.d. I was infomed that my card had been destroyed since it had not been picked up within a certain time of being found. OK after getting over that I went to the bank to acquire a new card, I handed them my i.d. and the addresses didn't match. Rebecca and I happened to be passing the bank the day or so after moving and we changed our address as you are meant to do, we had not done it yet with the drivers license (no internet etc...) so then I had to prove that
I was who I said I was. After some confusion it was determined that they would put a new card in the post and it would arrive in a couple of days. Alas we wait, not only for our drivers licenses with updated addresses but now for a bankcard too. I forgot my wallet yesterday then remembered there isn't much in there that I can use anyhow!
     We look forward with anticipation when all of the above is sorted out, but until that time the arrival of the postman brings  a rush of excitement each and every day. At least now we have moved, we have settled into our new abode, we are back on line so we're not waiting for everything:) If you are a prayer then please pray that we'll get our much needed visas and passports, we thank you oh so much!        

Enjoy the Mumford and Sons song called 'I Will Wait' it's what we all do isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing these passports and visas quickly quickly quickly and with your blessing! Thank you that every persons hands they go through will be radically blessed and aware of your love for them! And thank you for the amazing blessings you have waiting on the other side of this, for Earl and Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete