Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Widgets

That's right I need to call - May 15th and 16th

     Maybe it was of being scared of the answer, maybe it was procrastination, maybe it was the timing of God? I had on my list to call an adoption charity here in this country. I hadn't done it, could not seem to remember to make the call. Our friends Julian and Florence had their adoption go through at the very end of March and of course we were over the moon for them. While playing golf with Julian on a beautiful spring afternoon he mentioned to me the name of the agency that they had used, they did not use the council as most do. I logged the name and made a note to call.
     My call didn't come until the 15th of May, the 15th is an important day in our lives because 3 years to the day Rebecca's father Larry passed away from a short battle with cancer. He was a caring man who would have been pulling for us all the way through our adoption journey. I had contacted the council about a week previous to hear that we could in fact adopt in this country but only after our new visa had totally gone through. At that point we could inquire further with the county council. That was great news but it didn't seem like that open of a door, more of one that wasn't fully latched.
     The Wednesday morning of the 15th I remember to call soon before having to leave to pick Rebecca up from her weekly prayer meeting with other ladies in the church. I didn't know it but at that time I made the call they were praying for us, specifically about our next step and our communication with the agency. I explained our situation briefly to the receptionist and she transferred  me to the domestic department where I once again explained our situation briefly. Just after i finished she informed that there was nothing we could do until after the visa was in our possession. At that point her manager walked past and she put the phone down to talk with him, I didn't have much faith at that point as I expected their chat to be fruitless to our efforts. Upon coming back on the phone her voice was one of surprise as she exclaimed with excitement that we could in fact get started with the process right away. Before I knew it I was giving details of our email, address, birthdates etc... and she finished by saying that somebody from the agency would contact us in the next week to arrange an initial interview. I was gleeful and immediately phoned Rebecca to inform of my running late, but for a very good reason this time! She was shocked and hurriedly passed on the news to the praying ladies who their heard their just offered prayer being answered on the spot.
     We've learned that waiting isn't much fun but along the way there are many cool surprises and the fact that the agency called back the next day was icing on the proverbial cake. Our thoughts about the ILR and our process were true, we were going for an interview in this country, to adopt from this country While the TV show Father Knows Best is certainly dated and sort of irrelevant, it is true that our Heavenly Father does know best and He is never dated or irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment